Friday, January 14, 2011

Positive News Search

Our daily news is infused with untimely deaths, natural disasters, and other disturbing issues.  I do believe it is important for us to know about these devastating things...maybe we can help...maybe we can change things.  While there are usually some cute human interest stories I am left wanting more...ever the "glass half full" kind of thinker I choose to walk through life understanding and learning from the negative but focusing on the positive.  This morning I put a search in Yahoo to see what news outlets there are for news stories focusing on the positive.  I had to laugh when my search for "positive news" yielded these as the first two results:

Positive - News Results


There were many other results that were more of what I was hoping to find...I just found this hilarious! (I understand I may have an odd sense of humor).  Hopefully you will not consider this post as focusing on the negative... 


1 comment:

  1. Teresa. I was shocked and saddened when I was looking for something uplifting to spread some sunshine throughout my weekend and I stumbled across your pessimistic blog post. I mean, how terrible for the women who receive false positives. I mean, according to the article, those false positives are worse than actually having breast cancer (!!??!!).

    And positive pakalolo tests? I mean how tragic is that? Here I am, minding my own happy business, thinking excellent happy thoughts when I come across your tragic news. Just when I was thinking, at least Teresa will give me a lift, shed some light into my darkness," then I find out about the devastating effects of false positives and then... pakalolo. Pakalolo!

    Hey, get back to us with something more positive, OK?

    Just kidding. I am the darkness from which you flee. At least sometimes. Like that last rant on gun control. I've got one more dark one in me before heading into something lighter. Unless something changes.

    By the way, what's pakalolo?

    ReplyDelete